cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multiple forms on one page
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:12:23 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to put two forms onto one page.
>
> Scenario: a homepage showing a selection of 'products', displayed as a
> repeater on a form, and a login form.
>
> These need to be separate HTML forms, so that typing into a box and
> pressing enter submits the relevant form.
>
> Is there a way to do this without having to go all the way and aggregate
> two completely separate pipelines? Having to do the this for just one
> page would be a real pain.
>
> Thanks for any ideas.

AFAIK this is an open issue for cForms. Therefore I move it over to dev-list.

I think one problem is our flowscript API:

  var form = new Form("...");
  form.show("mypipeline", bizdata);

This way you can only show one form a page. Maybe we can do somethink like

  var multiform = new Multiform({form1 : form1, form2 : form2);
  multiform.show("myMultiformPipeline", bizdata);

The next step would have to be an enhancement of the forms transformer because
it would have to render more than one form. This would probably require a unique
id in the forms template. This id needs to be the same as the id used in "new
Multiform(...)".

                                 - o -

If you go the aggregation way, there could be problems with the generated HTML
and Javascript because there are some tags set in the header of the HTML page
and the body tag uses onload().

Does anybody have experiences with this (e.g. with the portal)?

--
Reinhard