cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] aggregatefield on date for separate input of date and ti me - please help
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:43:21 GMT
H.vanderLinden@MI.unimaas.nl wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I want to build an aggregatefield to enter date and time in separated
> fields/widgets, but store them in 1 Date() variable.
>
> I got as far as a proper display of the current date and time in the
> appropriate fields, but on changing the time and pressing submit I get
> "invalid date"
>
> 2 questions:
> 1: what should be the correct "combine" expression to add the time to the
> date?

According to the xReporter docs (http://new.cocoondev.org/xreporter/docs/core/91
) following expression could work:

SetTime(date, number, number, number)

Returns the date with it's 'time-part' set to the hour, minutes and seconds
specified in the function's arguments.

> 2: how do I prevent the time widget from styled as a "date" field (i.e. with
> the calendar script and button"?

  <ft:widget id="birthdate">
    <fi:styling type="text"/>
  </ft:widget>

worked for me. (You could use any value for style except "date").

I wonder why you use the datatype "date" for your time widgets at all? Wouldn't
it be easier to combine a widget of type date with two widgets with the datatype
integer (containing hour and minute)?

--
Reinhard