cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Release and updating the website
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 06:19:22 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>> I'll do that too, if I can get Forrest to work. Unfortunately the
>> above link doesn't entirely make sense.
>
> Would you please explain that obscure comment.
> Let us all help to fix the instructions then.

Sorry, wasn't trying to be cryptic - I was referring to the wiki
instructions. I have already started to update it, but want to
understand things a bit more before I do so. But, in the name of
openness, here's some of the stuff I've struggled with on this wiki page
so far: http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/CocoonWebsiteUpdate

In part, I think it could do with more explanation as to why to do
things certain ways, e.g. 0.5 will give you strange artefacts on your
pages, whilst Cocoon's docs will need to be upgraded to work with 0.6.
In fact, it suggests using a "stable" forrest, such as 0.5. That could
imply that 0.6 is okay, which it isn't.

Also, it says run "build site". Not sure if there actually is a "site"
target though.

Then, it makes no reference to the cocoon-site module, which actually
doesn't have a build process of its own, so you'll need to use Forrest
directly there, I suspect.

Also, when I did run Forrest, I really had to dig to find the generated
pages, whereas I would have expected them to have been generated "in
place", i.e. into the place from which I'd commit them directly to SVN.

Then, the page says "copy jimi-1.0.jar into lib/core in Forrest. But
Forrest only has lib/endorsed and lib/optional.

Those are some of the problems I had with the wiki page.

I'll keep plugging on until I've got it working here, and will make sure
any lessons appear here and on the wiki.

Regards, Upayavira