cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: generating the docs with Forrest
Date Sun, 21 Nov 2004 01:14:08 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>> I'll do that too, if I can get Forrest to work. Unfortunately the
>> above link doesn't entirely make sense.
>

> FYI I have tried the following, no success at this point. But I haven't
> done this in a looong time.

Stop. Use Forrest-0.5.1 as described at the Wiki.

I have been experimenting with upgrading the Cocoon
docs build, to use Forrest-0.6 but not there yet.
It is quite complex, as Cocoon has it all integrated
into the build system, and Forrest adds some other
complications by using Ant variables that have the
same name as some variables in the Cocoon build.

So keep using Forrest-0.5.1 which worked the last
time that i rebuilt the website.

> 1) get forrest 0.6 binary, configure as indicated in readme
> 2) cd BRANCH_2_1_X, build clean
> 3) run forrest from same directory
>
> I get this message
> Cannot find CatalogManager.properties
 >
> And a few seconds later this error which stops forrest.
>
> X [0]                                     linkmap.html  BROKEN:
> /home/bert/workspace/apache/cocoon-2.2/BRANCH_2_1_X/src/documentation/
> skins/pelt/xslt/html/site2xhtml.xsl (No such file or directory)
>
> Also tried with forrest 0.5.1, no success either (tried "forrest" not
> "build site").

Isn't it 'build docs'? The Cocoon build system
generates some additional source docs, then it
calls forrest. Did you set the FORREST_HOME
environment variable.

> Note that our forrest-related configs apparently need to be updated for
> forrest 0.6, dunno if it's been done yet
> (http://forrest.apache.org/docs/upgrading_06.html).

That is correct. No, it has not yet?

--David