cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Karim R. Lakhani" <lakh...@MIT.EDU>
Subject Re: [MIT Research Project] Identifying "features" in Cocoon 2.1
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:17:28 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Karim,
> I was thinking that one possible way to do this, could be that you
> compile a list, based on the cross-correlation between the CVS logs (too
> granular) and the changes.xml file (eventually still too granular) and
> then we filter it out here.

That is my plan any way.  To match changes.xml to cvs/svn logs.  This is the "dirty work!"

> The reason for this is that, honestly, I don't remember *when* something
> was added :-) so indicating a period of time is rather hard for us to
> correlate with specific features (several blocks were added, for
> example, but don't remember which ones).

Actually I don't so much need timing (hope I did not imply that in my email) - rather just
a general sense of "features" above just the very granular changes file.  So for instance
- if people were to ask you why should I use Cocoon 2.1? You might can do blah
blah blah - which is cool.

I wanted a general sense of features in Cocoon 2.1 as an anchoring point. If the community
feels that this is not do able - I certainly understand and would be happy to show my matching
of cvs to changes file.

> Seriously, I think asking for a list of features correlated with time
> yields a "bah, can't remember" answer, while a list of things to look at
> might allow us to say "oh yeah, that one".

will do - last call for nominations for features :)

I am on board and happy to work with the community on it.

Karim R. Lakhani
MIT Sloan | The Boston Consulting Group
Mobile: +1 (617) 851-1224 |

View raw message