cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [MIT Research Project] Identifying "features" in Cocoon 2.1
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:15:55 GMT
Karim R. Lakhani wrote:

> Please nominate features and I will summarize what was reported back to
> the community.  I will then do the "dirty work" of compiling and
> matching it to the CVS commits and the email discussion:)  Of course all
> my findings and writings will be public as well.

Karim,

I was thinking that one possible way to do this, could be that you
compile a list, based on the cross-correlation between the CVS logs (too
granular) and the changes.xml file (eventually still too granular) and
then we filter it out here.

The reason for this is that, honestly, I don't remember *when* something
was added :-) so indicating a period of time is rather hard for us to
correlate with specific features (several blocks were added, for
example, but don't remember which ones).

CVS/SVN logs contain all that information, it's just a matter of
filtering it out. A way to do this would be to remove all the logs that
resulted in a few lines of code of change.

Ah, note that if you use "svn log -v --xml" you get an xml format of the
logs and you can use cocoon to filter that out ;-)

Seriously, I think asking for a list of features correlated with time
yields a "bah, can't remember" answer, while a list of things to look at
might allow us to say "oh yeah, that one".

WDYT?

--
Stefano.