cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [RT] Attribute Rendering and CForms Convertors
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:44:15 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

<snip/>

> The date pattern is used on the client-side by the calendar widget
> which has the very good idea to use SimpleDateFormat's pattern syntax
> (actually, this is one of the reasons that made me choose this
> calendar). So (fortunately!) the user doesn't see it :-)

Ok, didn't know that. I saw "yyyy-MM-dd" in one of the samples and made
the wrong connection.

> Having the datatype output an XML fragment is the first step towards
> client-side syntactical validation.

Seem like a good idea. We should support this in the stand alone
converter as well. One possible way would be to introduce a
"PatternedConvertor" interface that is an extension of Convertor and add
a "String getPattern()" method. Then the pattern could be available from
the template expression language for making client side validation possible.

WDYT?

/Daniel