cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: JSR-168 Portlets
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 07:16:07 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> I did get it running in Tomcat with just the Pluto libs in
>> lib/shared and it worked - it's a long time ago....
>>
>> Now, the better way imho would be if the portlets would
>> run "inside of Cocoon" rather than "inside of Tomcat".
>> So, you deploy your portlet wars into your Cocoon war
>> (or a totally different place) and you don't have to deploy
>> the portlets as usual web applications in your servlet engine. I
>> think this should be possible, but of course
>> needs some work to be done.
>>
>> Apart from that, if you have any issues/questions/suggestions
>> about Pluto, just asked on the pluto mailing list ;)
>>
>> Carsten

By the way, I noticed a patch submitted to Pluto that allows a
configuration file to be used to provide the information needed to
deploy the portlets. This allows the portlets to be packaged as war
files as it no longer has to scan the servlet container's webapp
directory.  I believe we should take the same approach. I'm just not
sure where would be the best place to put that configuration.

Ralph