cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [RT] Attribute Rendering and CForms Convertors
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2004 08:31:15 GMT
On 10.11.2004 12:15, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> AFAICS we don't need the formatCache in a convertion component, each
> convertor will only be needed to be defined once. The
> generateSaxFragment is also somewhat specific for my taste, I wonder if
> that is part of the convertion concern. Furthermore it has an empty
> implementation in all the convertors within CForms, so it is hard to see
> what it is supposed to be good for.

One exception:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/trunk/src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/datatype/convertor/FormattingDateConvertor.java?rev=56582&view=markup
The convertor params might be needed in the output as it is the case for
the DateConvertor. The pattern will be reused in the HTML output for the
calendar widget.

Joerg