cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Cocoon PMC report, November 2004
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 19:03:46 GMT
Hi board,

Here's the November 2004 report for the Cocoon project.

- The 3rd Cocoon GetTogether, yearly meeting of Cocoon users and
developers, whas held as is usual now in Gent (Belgium) in early
october. That was again a great success with 140 people coming from 17
countries, an active hackaton and interesting presentations.

- There was a relative traffic slowdown on the dev list during spring
and summer, mostly because people were very busy. After the GetTogether,
the activity on the dev list raised back to its usual traffic and lots
of interesting discussions are happening.

- We have two new committers, Ralph Goers and Leszek Gawron.

- Cocoon 2.1.6, is planned to be released next week, this is a
maintainance release while development continues on the 2.2 branch.

- Lenya is no more a in the Cocoon TLP as it successfully exited
incubation and moved to top-level.

- The death of Avalon and the fact that our component manager is
considered as deprecated by the Excalibur project led us to fork it.
These are only 15 source files, which allow us to master the foundations
on which Cocoon is built.

The legal issues we had with the Rhino fork supporting continuations are
about to be solved, as the Mozilla Rhino team has added continuation
support in the official Rhino, and Cocoon will therefore abandon the
fork in favor in the official distribution.

PS: cc'ing pmc@ for archival and dev@ to keep the community informed