cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dynamic bookmars and portal's BookmarkAction
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:13:07 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez  wrote:
>

>>We had an interesting bug today: we use the portal's
>>BookmarkAction with a "cocoon:" source, as bookmarks are the
>>aggregation of a constant bookmark file and a
>>project-specific one (this is a reuseable portal
>>infrastructure + per-project customization).
>>
>>The "cocoon:" source maps to a pipeline in a child sitemap of
>>the one where the action is declared, and the result is that
>>we enter an infinite loop, because the "cocoon:" is loaded
>>within the action's
>>parameterize() method when the sitemap is being built, and
>>that again triggers the loading of the sitemap (a new
>>instance since the previous one isn't yet active), which
>>creates an instance of the action, calls its parameterize()
>>method, etc, etc.
>>
>>Now the funny thing is that it *used to work* in 2.1.5.1
>>release, but no more in a recent update of the 2.1.x branch.
>>And although I understand what happens now, I have hard times
>>understanding why it did work before.
>>
>>Any hint on this?
>>

>Hmm, is it related to this?
>
>   <action dev="SW" type="fix" fixes-bug="27249">
>     Refactor TreeProcessor to avoid constant reloading of sitemap if its
>     modification date is in the future and occasional ECM-related
>exceptions
>     when a sitemap is reloaded.
>   </action>

I thought about this also, but even in 2.1.5 the Processor only had a
root processing node once the sitemap was fully initialized, including
its component manager.

>I'm really wondering myself why it worked before. Strange..

Yep. Could this be that the initialization strategy of ThreadSafe
components has changed in ECM inbetween? Was it lazy before and
immediate now?

Any comment of the workaround I wrote, is this something acceptable?

Sylvain