cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [IMP] Outstanding issues for 2.1.6?
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:48:29 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Are there any outstanding issues that *really* have to be done before
>the 2.1.6 release?
>
>I just tested the current SVN (57502) and it seems to run on JDK 1.3
>as well.
>
>If there are no issues I will make the dist for this version available
>for testing and start the code freeze in some hours.
>
>Carsten

I cannot seem to get a JSR-168 portlet to work when it is installed as a
separate webapp.  There was a message in the user list
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=110001301923383&w=2
which is similar to the problem I am having, except I don't install
Pluto.The process I followed was:
1. Take a raw JSR-168 portlet (RssPortlet - one of the samples that is
downloadable from somewhere).
2. Create a valid web.xml
3. Create a cocoon.xml file with crossContext="true" specified (for Tomcat).
(At this point if you try to invoke the portlet an error occurs when
Pluto's PortletServlet init method is called saying the prepare method
was never called.)
4. Move the pluto and portlet-api jars to shared/lib (to resolve the above).
Now the error occurs with the Quartz Scheduler saying a Scheduler named
"Cocoon" already exists.