cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: XML support in Rhino 1.6
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:41:20 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>
>> I have looked a little bit more on it. It doesn't seem to work with
>> the Rhino jar in the SVN. Rhino recognize the E4X syntax but it
>> cannot find the XML class that is needed. The xbean.jar must be
>> present during compilation AFAICS, probably our version is compiled
>> without it. Maybe Reinhard know?
>

> It is compiled with it, but I haven't put the library into the
> repository as I didn't know what it was used for and everything worked
> as expected.
>
> Altough I don't feel very comfortable with having another ~2 megabyte
> core reference :-(

I agree with that. Maybe we can have an XMLBeans block that contains the
lib and possibly some samples and nothing more. The STX block is like
that. Anyway, we can try it out first.

> I added it to our repository and a simple test worked for me

Cool! Maybe I forgot something when I tried it, I will try again.

> As trunk is considered alpha we can play with it and if we don't like
> it it can be deleted.
>
> Anyway, it seems really powerful and I'm looking forward to hearing
> from you more about it.

Don't hold your breath while waiting ;) The convertor stuff and some
CForms experiments related to that is higher up on my priority list. I'd
also like to go back to the JXTG refactoring again.

> Unfortunatly I don't have the time today to look deeper than a
> "<helloworld/>" into the details.

That is good enough, now we know that it works.

/Daniel