cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Woody and portal-fw in 2.2?
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:36:02 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Ralph Goers dijo:
>

>>Why are these blocks even in 2.2?  They are excluded from the build but
>>they are deprecated in 2.1 and have replacements.
>>
>>Can they be removed?
>>

>It depends, the "politic" is: deprecate and 2 version later remove them.
>
>Best Regards,

I think we need to clarify (or maybe just I do). The way I am used to
looking at product numbering you have  V.R.M.x where 'V' is the version,
'R' is Release, 'M' is modification level and x is a minor change
(usually not done).  I believe the policy is deprecate in a modification
level and remove 2 levels later.  We'd be leaving things in a long time
if we waited two versions.

They were deprecated in 2.1.5.1.  To me, the policy means they can be
removed in 2.1.7.

I don't recall what we said about changes across releases, but it seems
reasonable to me that if they were deprecated in 2.1.5 that, at least at
this point, they could be removed in 2.2.0.

Ralph