cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject DOM adaption of Java beans (was: Problem in session-fw / RequestContext)
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:33:34 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>http://domify.sourceforge.net/ ?
>>

>Hmm, I have to take a look at that (if I have time for it...).

I took a look at Domify some time ago when trying to implement some of
the ideas in the "Search for the perfect template language" RT. It
seemed quite ok but back then I found it to simplistic and worked on
puting DOM adapter functionallity in Betwixt instead. After a while I
reallised that it was a bad idea as it required some major refactoring
and Betwixt was nearly dead back then.

Anyway the Domify CVS hasn't been updated for 18 months and there has
been one mail at the mail list the last year, (a question from a
non-committer that never got any response).

Christopher Oliver vrote a DOM adapter in scratchpad:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon/trunk/src/blocks/scratchpad/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/jxdom/DocumentAdapter.java?root=Apache-SVN&view=auto
don't know anything about the state of it.

I still think that a lazy loading DOM adapter would be quite usefull.
Tools like Betwixt and Castor that serializes the whole object hierarch
to SAX or DOM are quite inefficient if you only want to access a small
part of the tree. XSLT processors like Xalan and Saxon can also work
directly on DOM trees (although with some performance penalty). This
requires some small aditions to the xslt source resolver code that is
used in the TraxTransformer.

Domify migth be a good starting point. But in that case I think that we
should steal the code as the project seem dead.

/Daniel