cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject XML support in Rhino 1.6
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:37:26 GMT
I took a look at the Rhino download page
http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/download.html and found to my suprise that
Rhino 1.6R1 (the version that we use in the trunk) includes ECMAScript
for XML (E4X). That makes XML a native data type in JS and let you do
XPath like things within the JS syntax, see
http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/js/rhino/examples/E4X/e4x_example.js
for examples.

Quite cool IMO!

Now, to make it work one need to add xbean.jar from XMLBeans. I have not
had time to test it, though.

I didn't found any info about the stabillity of the implementation, how
it is related with SAX and DOM, if one can use it with external Java
implementations of SAX and DOM, and so on.

Really cool would it be if one could work on Java DOM trees with E4X
and/or if one could send E4X objects to the pipeline and serialize them
as SAX.

Maybe Igor can tell us more, I got the impression that he follow the list.

/Daniel