cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Remove FlowScript Function Parameters Support
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 16:57:05 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>> Proposed phase out plan is:
>>
>>   1. Write ERROR into the log file in 2.1.6 when usage of deprecated
>>      syntax is detected.
>>   2. Throw exception in 2.1.7 when usage of deprecated syntax
>>      is detected.
>>   3. Completely remove support of deprecated syntax in 2.2.
>>

>> Please cast your votes.
>
> For those who haven't followed the discussion, the problem is explained
> here: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=109960611029412&w=2

 From Sylvain's message:

I've been wanting to remove forbid this for a long time, but didn't knew
how to identify JS functions with parameters, in order to issue a proper
error message if this buggy construct is used. Looking a bit closer to
Rhino, I now found it: NativeFunction has a getArity() method which is
the number of parameters. We could then raise an error if getArity() != 0.

+1 as long as we don't lose the all-out ability to write functions with
parameters (which I don't think will happen, will it?), just to turn off
the positional-parameter functionality between flow and sitemap.

Sorry for the bad English, I just woke up :)

Tony