cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [RT] Attribute Rendering and CForms Convertors
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 20:01:49 GMT
On 07.11.2004 22:22, Ralph Goers wrote:

>> That's the way we did it until now too. But all with only one view.
>> What's your experience when supporting your multiple views? An
>> additional needed field in one of your forms should result in editing
>> so many views or isn't it?
>

> I'm not sure I understand the last question. We use a lot of
> "preference" data (i.e. configuration) to allow a single use case to use
> the same xslts across the board. The preferences allow the view to
> change dramatically.

Sample: You have an object, that can be viewed and edited. This object
will be extended by adding a further required field when editing it and
would be of interest when viewing it. How much effort do you need to
update all the views that reference it? To what degree can you reuse
your views?
For such a change CForms is really bad. I had to update definitions,
bindings, template so often!

Joerg