cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Setting validation errors on repeaters?
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:05:14 GMT
Bart Molenkamp wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Why are repeaters not ValidationErrorAware? I have the requirement that
>my repeater contains at least 1 row. I can check that with a JavaScript
>validator, but where can I set the error? Should Repeater implement
>ValidationErrorAware for this kind of use cases?

A repeater cannot hold a validation error, because errors on a repeater
are most likely to be caused by its content (or lack thereof).

I had the same requirement as yours, and implemented it in a different
way: if the user removes the last remaining row in a repeater, an empty
row is recreated immediately (it's in the delete action's event
listener). Since the row contains required fields, the form cannot
sucessfully validate unless at least one row is correctly filled.

Hope this helps,
Sylvain