cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <colle...@umn.edu>
Subject [Fwd: Re: [RT] StringTemplate: The answer to our templating needs?]
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 19:29:23 GMT
FYI, Terence Parr (the StringTemplate & ANTLR author) just sent this to
me.  Thought the list would find this interesting....

Tony
-------- Original Message --------
From: Terence Parr <parrt@cs.usfca.edu>
Subject: Re: [RT] StringTemplate: The answer to our templating needs?
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 11:32:10 -0800
Please do, Tony. :)

I'm very pleased you liked my article.  I strive to write stuff that
resonates with practicing coders while staying fairly rigorous. :)

ST is incredibly simple on the outside (the implementation is a bit
involved of course), which is the way it should be.  There are
essentially 4 operations of interest: ref attribute, ref another
template (possibly recursively), conditional inclusion, apply template
to attribute.  That is sufficient power to generate essentially any
page. :)

Ter

Cofounder, http://www.jguru.com