cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: [RT] Attribute Rendering and CForms Convertors
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 14:49:24 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> This is an interesting idea, which could be even more useful if the
> convertors were able not only to produce strings, but also XML snippets
> for output-only data. For example, we may want an email address to be
> rendered as a <a href="mailto.."> or negative numbers being displayed in
> red, or enclosed in parenthesis.
>
> What that means is that a convertor should be able to do the following
> conversions:
> - string+locale --> object : parsing request parameters
> - object+locale --> string : producing the value of an input
> - object+locale+channel --> xml fragment : producing the output view for
> a particular channel (html, wap, fo, etc).
If I would be able to choose convertors in the template (I mean on the same
page render model entry in plain text and pretty printed) it would solve a LOT
of my rendering problems. If convertors were pluggable I could also choose
which convertor I would like to use in template itself.

Lovely

How would this converters be plugged into template language? As components in
cocoon.xconf?

About syntax in JXTG: Would ${convertor-name:expression:formatting-info} be
enough?