cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [lazy vote] cforms request processing
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 23:21:16 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Hi Tim:
>
>As I told before I am not sure. I really want to see what the other people
>will said here. I also already saw that Sylvain voted +1 for the changes.
>But I am not sure if this is correct or not. That is all.

Yes, I'm +1. Or +10, +100 and even +1000 :-)

This issue has raised a number of questions from users seeing some
fields unexpectedly loosing their values, and has been discussed at length.

The only visible change, as stated by Tim, is the need for boolean
fields to be accompanied by a "presence notifier" input, whose purpose
is to indicate that a boolean field is present in the form. This is
required to circumvent the fact that HTML sends nothing for an unchecked
checkbox, and therefore doesn't allow to know if the chekbox is present
but unchecked, or is absent in the page.

This has absolutely no impact on the fact that only widgets present in
the form read request parameters, and that therefore no one can input
value that doesn't match a widget.

Sylvain