cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [lazy vote] cforms request processing
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 23:10:36 GMT
Jason Johnston wrote:

>On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 13:55, Tim Larson wrote:
>

>>We would still perform validation.  The only thing we would not do
>>is automatically reset a widget's value to null when its request
>>parameter is missing.  Because we would still validate the widget,
>>"required" widgets would still catch empty values like they do now.
>>

>Thanks for the clarification.  I was under the impression that the main
>use-case for this new behavior was to be able to have a single form
>split up across multiple views (multi-page forms) and not have a single
>view fail validation if there is a required field not present in that
>view (as is currently the case).  I can infer from your answer that this
>is not the use-case you're tackling with this change.

You're right, but the use case you outline is now possible with the new
widget states I committed today: a form can be split into several groups
(fd:struct widgets), each representing the contents of a page.

At first, only one group is in state "active" and all others in state
"invisible". Each group contains navigation actions that will validate
the current group and, if successful, set the current group invisible
and the next one active (or the previous one, to handle both prev/next
navigation).

Simple and efficient way to build wizards.

Sylvain