cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject [rant] please backport bugfixes to 2.1!
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 10:29:28 GMT
Unusual for me, but time for a rant: I wrote the new CForms widget state
feature in 2.1 and tried to port it to 2.2.

WHAT A PITA!

There are a number or *bug fixes* or minor new features that only exist
in 2.2. Why aren't they ported also to 2.1?

Please, please, consider upgrading both branches at the same time. There
will be some time before 2.2 is out and not everybody runs a snapshot of
trunk.

I remember a time where 2.2 contained only the Cocoon core and no
blocks. Is it no more possible? Ah no: the cforms xconf files now
reference ECM++ selectors. Grrrr... What about reinstalling in 2.2 an
ExtendedComponentSelector that would simply be a subclass of
CocoonServiceSelector. That would allow to share config files between
branches.

Grmbl... lost 2 hours this morning to do the merge, and finally reverted
all :-(

Going to port Tim's swan to widget states so that cforms in 2.2 and 2.1
can be *identical*.

Sylvain