cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: CForms : fd:case for union widget ?
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 22:19:15 GMT
On 01.11.2004 09:20, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>> I'd like to know if a fd:case for the union widget is still planned to
>> give more flexibility than the fd:struct or if there is another way to
>> give a matching expression to the fd:struct.
>
> There were discussions about this [1] which unfortunately have stalled.
> IIRC, using an expression for cases was considered to bring too much
> overhead, as it expressions would need to be computed for each request.
> Additional flexibility can be achieved though by having the union's case
> widget be an output whose value is computed, eventually reacting to
> change to other widget values.

When I talked the last time with Tim about it (yes I think it was just
Time and me) we agreed that the missing fd:case causes just troubles. It
was not about an additional expression, but about needing fd:struct,
which results in needing ft:struct and fb:struct - where you need
ft:case and fb:case anyway. Furthermore the inconsequence is just
irritating.

Joerg