cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinhard_po...@yahoo.de>
Subject Switching rhino implementation
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 18:28:38 GMT

I'm going to integrate the new Rhino+cont implementation in the next few days
and plan to support the old and the new implementation, at least in 2.1. I
wonder ...

1. What do we want to call the new implementation (I mean the language
    name in <map:flow language="???"/>).

   a.)  call the new implementation "javascript" and tell our users
        that if they have problems they can use "javascript-legacy"
        or some other alternative name for the old implementation?

        If so, shouldn't I wait for 2.1.6 and do the integration then?

   b.)  keep "javascript" as the name of the old implementation and
        find a new name for the new implementation?

2. If we deprecate the old flowscript implementation in 2.1 - do we have to
    keep it in 2.2 or can I remove it?

I would wait with switching to the new flowscript implementation until the
release of 2.1.6 Then we have a few months to test it in branch and trunk and if
everything goes well I would deprecate the old one and rename it to
"javascript-legacy" and the new impl should be the default language.

In 2.2 I would remove the old implementation completly.

WDOT?

--
Reinhard