cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CForms : fd:case for union widget ?
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 08:20:17 GMT
pguillard wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to know if a fd:case for the union widget is still planned to
> give more flexibility than the fd:struct or if there is another way to
> give a matching expression to the fd:struct.

There were discussions about this [1] which unfortunately have stalled.
IIRC, using an expression for cases was considered to bring too much
overhead, as it expressions would need to be computed for each request.
Additional flexibility can be achieved though by having the union's case
widget be an output whose value is computed, eventually reacting to
change to other widget values.

Sylvain

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/WoodyScratchpad