cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralph Goers" <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Portal configuration
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:47:27 GMT
I have implemented the code to support JSR-168 Portlet Preferences.  The
design is such that the Portlet Preferences will be stored in the user's
coplet instance data XML file.  However, in the process of implementing
this I discovered that the Castor mapping files and the PreferenceSetImpl
class were such that any files created by the Portal using Cocoon could
not be reread by Cocoon. The generated attribute elements were complete
garbage. To fix this I had to make changes to the mapping files and to
some of the classes.

As such, I cannot guarantee complete compatibility with files created by
2.1.6 and earlier. However, if the files contained attributes they
probably couldn't be reread and they couldn't contain preferences as they
weren't there before.  Everything else should be compatible.

I suspect, that given these problems, no one is actually saving user
profiles, but I thought I'd post before checking in my changes to make
sure.

Ralph