cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: rev 56181 - in cocoon/whiteboard/kernel: . src src/org src/org/apache src/org/apache/cocoon src/org/apache/cocoon/kernel src/org/apache/cocoon/kernel/configuration src/org/apache/cocoon/kernel/description src/org/apache/cocoon/kernel/runtime src/org/apache/cocoon/kernel/startup
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 09:20:03 GMT
Il giorno 01/nov/04, alle 03:16, Pier Fumagalli ha scritto:

> Just finished writing, please, no comments as of yet... It will MOST
> DEFINITELY not work, as it's something put together over a couple of
> lazy afternoons while the girlfriend was at some extremely odd
> park/garden in South London.

If you didn't want any comments, you shouldn't have committed it ;-)

I did a cursory examination of the code, and without even trying to
understand how it is supposed to work, I have just one point to make:
exceptions like ConfigurationException should *really* be unchecked, as
there is typically no other way to react to a miisconfiguration than
fail as early as possible. How could you recover from it?

Furthermore, all exceptions should inherit from a common root exception
class. This simplifies exception handling for clients wanting to  deal
with them, as they are not forced to write a catch clause for every
possible exception, but can just catch the root one.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/