cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [GUMP@brutus]: Project cocoon-block-proxy (in module cocoon) failed
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 21:40:11 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> Stefano Mazzocchi dijo:

>>>I don't know how to fix this one from the gump side, it needs some code
>>>changes since httpclient change a lot since this code was created.
>>>
>>>Any ideas?
>>

>> I saw the code of httpclient 2.0.x and 3.0 and it is quite diferent.
>> They
>> are changing a lot in the new 3.0.x release. If we want gump compile
>> this
>> block, we need to add a dependency to our own distributed jar version
>> 2.0.2.
>>
>> I know this is a hack. The other way is to see more in depth and find a
>> way to compile code using both httpclient 2.0.2 and 3.0 too.
>>
>> WDYT?
>
> That build is against the 2.0.x branch.

Its posible in the CVS version.

In the javadocs for release 2.0.2, the PostMethod. Because is direct
derived from EntityEnclosingMethod:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/commons/httpclient/methods/PostMethod.html

Now go to the CVS..... in the HTTPCLIENT_2_0_BRANCH We still see the
method getRequestBodyAsString() inside:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/java/org/apache/commons/httpclient/methods/EntityEnclosingMethod.java?rev=1.18.2.5&only_with_tag=HTTPCLIENT_2_0_BRANCH&view=markup

I am not a CVS guru, but in the HEAD (3.0 release) there is not the method.

Seems like they broke a contract? I mean removing a method without
deprecate it first?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo