cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [GUMP@brutus]: Project cocoon-block-proxy (in module cocoon) failed
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 19:25:13 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi dijo:
> Gump wrote:
>
>> cocoon-block-proxy-compile:
>>     [javac] Compiling 4 source files to
>> /home/gump/workspaces2/public/workspace/cocoon/build/cocoon-02112004/blocks/proxy/dest
>>     [javac]
>> /home/gump/workspaces2/public/workspace/cocoon/src/blocks/proxy/java/org/apache/cocoon/generation/HttpProxyGenerator.java:294:
>> cannot resolve symbol
>>     [javac] symbol  : method getRequestBodyAsString ()
>>     [javac] location: class
>> org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.PostMethod
>>     [javac]             String body = ((PostMethod)
>> this.method).getRequestBodyAsString();
>>     [javac]                           ^
>>     [javac] 1 error
>
> I don't know how to fix this one from the gump side, it needs some code
> changes since httpclient change a lot since this code was created.
>
> Any ideas?

I saw the code of httpclient 2.0.x and 3.0 and it is quite diferent. They
are changing a lot in the new 3.0.x release. If we want gump compile this
block, we need to add a dependency to our own distributed jar version
2.0.2.

I know this is a hack. The other way is to see more in depth and find a
way to compile code using both httpclient 2.0.2 and 3.0 too.

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo