cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniele Madama" <d.mad...@pro-netics.com>
Subject Problem with jxtg and sax
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:27:11 GMT
Hi to all,

I have a little problem (if it's a problem) with JXTG and Sax, I try to
resume the behaviour.

My transfomer build a Document with a structure like this:

<sm:root xmlns:sm="http://www.foo.com/">
  <sm:header>
     <sm:trace-id>test</sm:trace-id>
     <sm:protocol>XML</sm:protocol>
     <sm:application>xyz</sm:application>
     <sm:service-id xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:type="puei:service-id">
        <puei:channel
xmlns:puei="http://www.bar.com/">06</puei:channel>
        <puei:product
xmlns:puei="http://www.bar.com/">XYZ_zyx</puei:product>
        <puei:method
xmlns:puei="http://www.bar.com/">modify</puei:method>
     </sm:service-id>
  </sm:header>
</sm:root>

this is well-formed and it's correct, but I need to validate it with a XSD
Schema, so I must add a namespace declaration for prefix "puei" in
<sm:service-id> or parent element otherwise It cannot *known* the prefix
specified in "xsi:type" attribute.
I add a namespace declaration with this code:

  Attr nameSpace =
newDoc.createAttributeNS("http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/", "xmlns:" +
newPrefix);
  nameSpace.setValue(newNS);
  ((Element) root).setAttributeNode(nameSpace);

where newPrefix's value is "puei" and "http://www.bar.com/" for newNS.

If I serialize the document it seems ok, with namespace declared in the
right way.

The result of this transformer is taken from a flow, that call a match
with sendPage(), this match has a jxtg with a jx:out dealing with a
Document received from flow. But this generate an Exception:

DOMException: NAMESPACE_ERR: An attempt is made to create or change an
object in a way which is incorrect with regard to namespaces.

following the stacktrace it was throw when JXTG try to serialize it with
DOMStreamer.stream().

Now I don't know if I missing something when add namespace declaration (is
it the correct mode?) or if there is a problem in DOMStreamer.

Any hint?

TIA

--
Daniele Madama