cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [rant] please backport bugfixes to 2.1!
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 16:43:15 GMT
Sylvain Wallez dijo:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>>Mmmh... looks like a big hack. Why not simply reinstalling
>>>ExtendedComponentSelector as I suggested?
>>>

>>Sorry, but I don't understand where your real problem here is.
>>If you think that you can't merge the two branches because of different
>>configuration files, then simply use ExtendedComponentSelector
>>in 2.2 as well - it works and solves your problem.
>>

> It won't solve the problem (if it was just that, it would be easy), but
> could ease having the exact same files for many blocks in both branches.
>
>>If you think that you need this class as well, add it.
>>

> I'll consider that after syncing the code in CForms.
>
>>But I think, the real problem is that people forget to keep the branches
>>in sync :(
>>

> Yep, this is the real problem.

No sure. Remember, the migration from CVS to SVN? IMO this was the real
problem. This is the reason of this page:

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/MergingBranches

... given the status of this page, the cforms block is already merged with
this note:

forms (some new features added by Tim are kept in 2.2 only for now).

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo