cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <...@keow.org>
Subject Re: [rant] please backport bugfixes to 2.1!
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 16:45:34 GMT
On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 09:12:28PM +0000, Tim Larson wrote:
> I am working on the port now and have it almost finished,
> but I have a few questions about some recent changes that
> the commit comments did not make clear to me:
>
>   AbstractWidget.java
>     From: public Widget getParent()
>     To:   public final Widget geParent()
>   Field.java
>     From: super validate
>     To:   super validate && widget != null
>   Repeater.java
>     In inner class RepeaterRow
>       From: getParent() returns Repeater.this and
>             setParent() throws a RuntimeException
>       To:   setParent(Repeater.this)
>       (This seems to be caused by the AbstractWidget
>       change above.)
>
> Could you explain what these changes are for, and then
> I can finish the porting.

Sorry for the quick, unformatted email; I had to rush out to vote.
(hmm, perhaps not "early and often" enough to have an effect ;(

What I was wondering was why getParent was made final in
AbstractWidget, thus causing RepeaterRow to not be able
to enforce that its parent cannot be changed.

And I was wondering if this from Field.java in BRANCH_2_1_X:
                       VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  if (super.validate() && value != null) {
      // New-style validators were successful. Check the old-style ones.
      this.validationError = getDatatype().validate(value, new ExpressionContextImpl(this));
  }

...needs to be ported to the trunk?  I think so, but my mind is
a little cloudy from all the porting and I wanted to doublecheck.

--Tim Larson