cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <...@keow.org>
Subject Re: [rant] please backport bugfixes to 2.1!
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 21:12:28 GMT
On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 11:29:28AM +0100, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Unusual for me, but time for a rant: I wrote the new CForms widget state
> feature in 2.1 and tried to port it to 2.2.
>
> WHAT A PITA!
>
> There are a number or *bug fixes* or minor new features that only exist
> in 2.2. Why aren't they ported also to 2.1?
>
> Please, please, consider upgrading both branches at the same time. There
> will be some time before 2.2 is out and not everybody runs a snapshot of
> trunk.
<snip/>
> Grmbl... lost 2 hours this morning to do the merge, and finally reverted
> all :-(

Very sorry that you lost time :(  I had not ported my changes
to 2_1_x yet because I was not sure they were ready, but
addmittedly there were some bugfixes included that I should
have ported immediately.

I am working on the port now and have it almost finished,
but I have a few questions about some recent changes that
the commit comments did not make clear to me:

  AbstractWidget.java