cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From rog...@dds.nl
Subject Re: Component declaration and lookup
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:36:20 GMT
Quote Peter Hunsberger <peter.hunsberger@gmail.com>:

<snip/>

> > - a block has a
> >   * root sitemap (well, pipelines, views, sitemap components)
> >   * sitemap-buildins.xconf (sitemap component declarations)
> >   * block.xconf (all non-sitemap component declarations)
> >

> One question: why two xconf files instead of just a single file with
> two different sections?  The less places I have to look for
> configuration information the better...
>
> <snip> more good details</snip>

I very much agree. The first thing that I thought of reading this thread is
there is a trade-off between one gigantic configuration file in which you can't
find anything, and configuration fragmented over too many files, with
interdependencies and whatnot. Maybe the structure of the configuration file
should just be deepened a couple of levels?

Rogier ( who is frustrated with having to define a single jndi datasource in a
zillion places ;)