cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <jason.johns...@Intrado.com>
Subject Re: [lazy vote] cforms request processing
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:53:48 GMT
On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 13:55, Tim Larson wrote:

> We would still perform validation.  The only thing we would not do
> is automatically reset a widget's value to null when its request
> parameter is missing.  Because we would still validate the widget,
> "required" widgets would still catch empty values like they do now.

Thanks for the clarification.  I was under the impression that the main
use-case for this new behavior was to be able to have a single form
split up across multiple views (multi-page forms) and not have a single
view fail validation if there is a required field not present in that
view (as is currently the case).  I can infer from your answer that this
is not the use-case you're tackling with this change.

Thanks again
--Jason