cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Client side validation
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:25:19 GMT
Le 24 nov. 04, à 12:42, Guido Casper a écrit :

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> Le 23 nov. 04, à 10:53, oceatoon a écrit :
>>> ...Is different JS really coded for different browsers? I thought
>>> there were
>>> only those with JS and those without, in the second case validation
>>> would
>> your (future) client might *not* even be a browser per se. Think
>> Flash, XUL, and related stuff.
>
> This may be a little off topic and I'm asking out of curiosity what
> others think. But I wonder if flow (and continuations in particular)
> and cforms really is an appropriate technology for "rich" (and
> potentially stateful) clients?

It's hard to say without having a concrete example to judge, and I have
none at this time ;-)

My point was that saying "client-side validation will always be done in
javascript" sounds a bit too restrictive, I' d rather say "although
client-side validation will be done in javascript in 95% of the cases,
we allow other options even if javascript is the standard."

-Bertrand