cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Release and updating the website
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 06:36:28 GMT
Le 23 nov. 04, à 06:42, David Crossley a écrit :

> David Crossley wrote:
>> Upayavira wrote:
>>> Also, when I did run Forrest, I really had to dig to find the
>>> generated pages, whereas I would have expected them to have been
>>> generated "in place", i.e. into the place from which I'd commit them
>>> directly to SVN...

I'm with David here (i.e. generating in build/site as now) - if you
generate directly into the final tree I think it's much harder to find
out which files must be *deleted* from the final destination.

Generating somewhere else allows you to compare lists of files to find
out what must be removed, e.g.

find /final-site-dir -type f | sort > /tmp/f1
find /generated-stuff -type f | sort > /tmp/f2
diff /tmp/f1 /tmp/f2

Of course there are other ways, but I think this is practical.

-Bertrand