cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Jacob" <eric.ja...@bell.ca>
Subject RE: [proposal] smaller root sitemap
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:56:43 GMT
Even better :)

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Goers [mailto:Ralph.Goers@dslextreme.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 5:02 PM
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: RE: [proposal] smaller root sitemap

Maybe I misunderstood Antonio, but I believe that sitemap.xconf would
contain the cocoon.xconf definitions as well as the generators, actions,
etc.  I'm not sure I'd see the point in requiring two xconf files.

Ralph

Eric Jacob said:
> Hi,
>
> I don't want to interfere, I'm not a Cocoon committer but I've used
Cocoon over a year now and I totally agree with Ralph, Sylvain and in
particular Antonio. A sitemap.xconf and sitemap.xmap, splitting
declaration and invocation of the components, seems the best solution
IMO.

> But you should not forget cocoon.xconf. For example, if I want the
portal block, you need to add some components (authentication, aspect,
session, etc.) to your cocoon.xconf. What I think would be really nice
is a minimal cocoon.xconf and sitemap.xconf in WEB-INF. The users should
never have to change these files!

> In addition, block specific components should only be present in block
specific sitemap.xmap (pipelines), sitemap.xconf (components
declaration) and cocoon.xconf (components configuration).

> WDYT?
>
> Eric

because user can get easily confused.