cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andreas Kuckartz" <A.Kucka...@ping.de>
Subject Re: [ANN] Daisy 1.1 release
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:22:06 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> > http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon-lenya/Comparisons
>
> Heh. I hate product comparisons with a passion

The Lenya community is offering that page for all sides. I would really like to
see a comparison written by a Daisy developer or supporter. I am sure you are
well aware of weak points of Lenya and strong points of Daisy and I would be
very interested in them. That would potentially help in collaborating between
both projects.

> I think people should go
> through the burden of installing one system on Day 1, another system on
> Day 2, and use Day 3 to decide what project fits best with their
> requirements. If you can't bare spending two days doing a proper
> assessment of systems against your needs, no way you need to opt for an
> open source CMS.

Sorry, but there are many other interesting Open Source CMS systems as well. It
would take *months* to install and assess all of them. Comparisons can help to
select the candidates for the time final assessments.

Your approach also automatically favors systems which do not take a long time to
install - even if their other (and often more important) features are not as
good compared to the other candidates.

Cheers,
Andreas