cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [cron block] dependency question
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:16:16 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>

>> Some thoughts I want to share:
>>
>> goal: move towards real blocks - do as much work that can be reused later
>>
>> - each block has its own build system
>

> Why? It is easier to write and maintain single ant script than 55! (we
> have 55 blocks right now)

Let me answer for Reinhard :-)

If every local buildfile has

   <import file="../common-block-build.xml">

then there is not really more to maintain, but you gain in being able to
customize the build where needed and to build the block 'locally'. It
also becomes easier to accomodate for extra external blocks that do not
necessarily need only our build targets.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -