cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ECM++
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 07:58:39 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, it's stable now
>>

>> [...]
>>
>> I really hope so :)
>> We're about to switch to 2.2 for Lenya-dev, so be prepared
>> that I'll get on your nerves when something does not work
>> anymore ...
>

> Andreas, I *strongly* suggest that you keep off until we are at least in
> beta state.

[...]

Just one more question for my understanding:

Lenya 1.4 will probably be released in spring or summer next year.
We're planning to do a major clean-up of the code base.
(See also thread "Switch to Cocoon 2.2 for Lenya 1.4-dev" on
lenya-dev (the archive seems to be down ATM).)

Assumed we start development with Cocoon 2.1.* now, would this mean
that we will release against the 2.1 branch? It looks like
Cocoon 2.2 will really be quite different, so it will probably
be hard to upgrade Lenya. Will the 2.1 branch still be supported
and maintained in one year?

-- Andreas