cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ECM++
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 22:07:49 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Forrest is using 2.2 too, so let's try to keep it stable as much as
>> possible and in general do all the big changes on branches.
>
> Hmmm, I'm not sure if I like this.

Quasi-static development, reversible changes, early testers that can
test the trunk from SVN without having to wait for alphas or betas, no
unbuildable or broken trunk that halts others from contributing, etc etc
etc.

The usual mantra says that the code must be buildable at all times.
I prefer to extend it to saying that it must be usable at all times,
even if not necessarily bug free or feature complete.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -