cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <luca.morandi...@tin.it>
Subject [FLOW] Sometimes variables initialization fails when they are declared and iniitialized in the same statement
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:55:19 GMT
in a (Javascript) flow function of mine, when I write:

var parser;
parser= cocoon.getComponent(DOMParser.ROLE);

everything works fine all the time... but, when I write:

var parser= cocoon.getComponent(DOMParser.ROLE);

sometimes the parser variable is null !

This failed initialization of a variable happens when the same flow
function is called many times in a short amount of time.
Is it a known bug or am I missing something ?

BTW, the same happens with other type of objects, like:
var os= new java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream();

Regards,

P.S.
I'm using Cocoon 2.1.5 and, yes, I release parser after it has been used.

      Luca Morandini
    lmorandini@ieee.org
http://www.lucamorandini.it