cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <>
Subject Re: [RT] applying SoC on cocoon itself
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:53:42 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> One thing confuses me still about this syntax.  In Cocoon today the
> transformer operates on incoming SAX events and can use what is in the src
> parameter for whatever purpose it wants.  In many scenarios the src
> parameter can be specified as "cocoon://whatever" so that the stylesheet
> (or whatever the transformer requires) can be dynamically generated.  I'm
> not sure how this is possible with the syntax proposed below.  Maybe you
> can elaborate on how to do that?

Is the stylesheet of an XSLT transformation a parameter to the
transformation service, or an integral part of the service?

Looking at the code below, I would assume the latter.
Does this mean that the stylesheet URI is defined in the
service declaration (<map:components> section)? How is this
compatible with sitemap parameter substitution?

I probably got something totally wrong, but the code example
really confuses me ...

-- Andreas

> Ralph
> Stefano Mazzocchi said:
>>Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>you are really stating something like
>>  <generate type=""
>>  <transform
>>  <serialize type=""/>
>>and this solves *ALSO* the issue that was identified at the GT about
>>"virtual pipeline components" resolving services locally or remotely

View raw message