cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <>
Subject Re: Flowscript bug???
Date Sat, 16 Oct 2004 16:35:29 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Luca Morandini wrote:
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>> Problem is that currently Flow session scope is not serializable.
>>> WebLogic requires session attributes to be serializable (required for
>>> clustering).
>> I mean, is flow unusable on WebLogic ?
> Flow requires session scope only when you use "global" variables in the
> flow:

In other words, global variables cannot be used in Flow when Cocoon runs
within WebLogic, is that so ?

On the other hand, session attributes can be stored and retrieved from
Flow even under WebLogic, hence alleviating the need for global
variables in Flow, right ?

> You'll have to hit weblogic docs to answer this one. Alternatively, you
> can provide a patch to make scope serializable :)

Hmmm... doesn't look like a no-brainer, does it ? ;)

BTW: thanks :)

Best regards,

      Luca Morandini

View raw message