cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT9 subversion pre commit hook
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:45:37 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 11 oct. 04, à 12:24, Torsten Curdt a écrit :
>
>> ...But wouldn't it be cool to just write:
>>
>> fixes-bug:1234
>> message
>>
>> ..not having to care about the status.xml
>> anymore?..
>
> it would for sure ;-)

The problem is that not necessarily stastus changes are done in one
commit, there is a different granularity in the two. This is the reason
why some projects that were using commit message extraction systems are
now also using a status file.

BTW, could committers please also add the bug name to the commit message?

"Log: Apply patch for bug 29951" doesn't say anything to me when reading
commit messages.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -