cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From oceatoon <t.katelb...@systheo.com>
Subject Re: CForms :Advise on a new widget structure before going further
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 11:07:54 GMT

>>Are there any documents about <fb:child-bindings>, I have googlised it and
>
> Ahem... it's currently only in the source file's javadoc:
> http://JavaScriptJXPathBindingBuilder.java

Thx
> Mmh.. I see the problem. Are the i18n keys related to the selection list
> item values, i.e. can you use an item's value to build the corresponding
> i18n key? If yes, then that's a good candidate for the implementation of
> CForms template as JX macros I'm about to commit today.
>
> Using these macros (assuming the selection-list's value is stored in a
> "item" output widget), you'll be able to write:
> <ft:repeater id="repeat">
>   <i18n:text key="${widget.getChild('item').getValue()}"/>
>   <ft:widget id="other-widget"/>
> </ft:repeater>

I see the solution, it solves the problem as long as the value of the
output, meaning also the key of the i18n isn't a whole sentence, which
offcourse ends out being my case. ;-) , I think I'll manage to cut my
sentences short, so this should work for me thanks.

But out of curiosity, I don't have the knowledge to weigh how much work it
would take to allow an fd:selection-list tag in the repeater on an output
widget definition?? For the mapping to happen just like in a field
selection-list and then no i18n-ation pb :-)

I appreciate the help
Tibor