cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] StringTemplate: The answer to our templating needs?
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:33:31 GMT

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> May I remind you people of Pier's Garbage? He lost interest in it, but I
> personally like the approach very much.

The GarbageGenerator is based on a parser generated with JavaCC (parser
generator with quite performant code generation), could be made working as
a Transformer (as the JXTG does) and we can define the syntax and features
of it. Combined with Carstens TemplateObjectModelHelper we could well
create an efficient and "well designed" template engine which we control
about the data paths' and syntax.

--
Giacomo Pati